Summit County Council understands that the public is very interested in Dakota Pacific Real Estate’s (DPRE) application to amend a 15-year-old Development Agreement. Because the new Senate Bill 84 will have implications on this project, the Summit County Council has determined to delay the public hearing on February 22nd in order to hold a work session for Council and the public to assess the nature and implications of SB 84 on the DPRE project. Council recognizes February 22nd is during winter break, and due to the potential for increased interest in this project due to SB 84, Council wants to instead hold the public hearings on March 1 and March 8. The public is also welcome to attend the work session on February 22 but will not be able to provide comment at that time.
The Summit County Council intends to proceed on the following schedule concerning the DPRE Amendment Application:
- February 15, 2023 – Work session with Zion’s Bank to better understand the application of a Housing and Transit Reinvestment Zone in Kimball Junction and possibly other areas of Summit County.
- February 22, 2023 – Work session with DPRE to discuss DPRE’s and Summit County’s final issues concerning the proposed amended uses.
- March 1, 2023 – Public hearing concerning the DPRE Amendment Application.
- March 8, 2023 – Public Hearing concerning the DPRE Amendment Application.
- March 15, 2023 – Deliberation and possible decision concerning the DPRE Amendment Application.