Summit County Council has approved the distribution of $3 million for the 2022 cycle of the Restaurant Tax Grant.
Notable recipients across Summit County include:
- The Coalville City Summer Celebration 2023 ($80,000)
- Francis City Frontier Days ($15,000)
- Historic Park City Alliance ($170,000)
- Oakley City Independence Day Rodeo ($60,000)
- Summit County Fair Rodeo ($35,000)
- Sundance Film Festival ($225,000)
- Visit https://bit.ly/2022SCRTG for a full list of recipients and grant amounts.
The Restaurant Tax Advisory Committee received over 40 applications requesting a total of over $4 million in funding. As part of the selection process, the committee reviewed each application, and conducted interviews with each applicant. Applicants are ranked on the following six criteria:
- Tourism: How does the proposal increase tourism, especially overnight visitors?
- Does the project generate cultural tourism?
- The ability of the project to leverage grant funds from other sources of funding and to generate positive partnerships.
- Potential of the project to increase the one percent (1%) Restaurant Sales Tax.
- Is the proposed project new or developing?
- Does the project provide a tangible or iconic asset that enhances tourism in the County?
Implemented in 1991, the Restaurant Tax Grant is a 1% tax charged on all restaurant sales within Summit County. The 2022 grant cycle is the 31st year of Restaurant Tax Grant awards in Summit County.