Summit County has rented a larger facility for the December 1st public input session to accommodate anticipated public attendance.
The public input session on the Dakota Pacific development agreement will take place at the Newpark Hotel Conference Center (1476 Newpark Boulevard, Park City) at 6 PM on Wednesday, December 1, 2021.
Newpark Resort is the largest conference venue in Kimball Junction and has critical access to public transportation as well as ample parking. Newpark Resort is a neutral venue that the County contracted for this event; in no way does the Resort endorse a stance for or against the Dakota Pacific development project.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Summit County encourages attendees to attend the meeting virtually via Zoom. Public input will be taken by all in-person and Zoom attendees who wish to speak. Both in-person and online comments will be part of the official record.
To participate in the public input session, join the ZOOM webinar OR to listen by phone only: Dial 1-301-715-8592, Webinar ID: 772 302 472.
Please view this MAP for suggested parking options. When entering the facility, the conference center is located straight up the stairs. There will be signage on-site to guide attendees.
RULES OF CONDUCT
Expectations for Meeting: Public input will be taken after the presentation. This is an opportunity for County Council to hear from the public; it is not a question and answer session. It is not appropriate for the Council, the applicant, or staff to respond to questions during public comment. Council, the applicant, and staff will take notes and address relevant questions after the public input session concludes.
Hotel Guests: Please be mindful of hotel guests when arriving and departing the conference center, particularly if the meeting runs late into the night.
Process and Ground Rules for Public Input Session:
- The meeting will last as long as there are members of the public who wish to speak and have not yet been able to give comment.
- Comment will be taken from in-person and Zoom attendees, alternating between in-person and Zoom. Each speaker will only be permitted to speak one time.
- Each speaker, whether in-person or on Zoom, will have 3 minutes to speak. A timer will be displayed on the presentation screen.
- In-person attendees who wish to speak should line up in the center aisle and complete the sign-in sheet. Wait to be recognized by the Council Chair. Return to your seat after speaking.
- When called upon, each speaker will be asked to disclose their full name, place of residence, and place of employment.
- Zoom attendees should “raise” their hand and wait to be called on.
- Zoom attendees wishing to speak must display their full name. Phone numbers or nicknames will not be called upon.
For the safety & experience of all attendees at the public input session:
- Signs and/or banners are prohibited inside the conference center.
- To provide the most time for individuals to give input, applause and other audible reactions or disruptions in response to comments are not allowed.
- Address comments to the full Council; personal attacks will not be tolerated.