SUMMIT COUNTY COUNCIL
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
NOTICE is hereby given that the Summit County Council will meet electronically, via Zoom, on Wednesday, March 31, 2021,
(All times listed are general in nature, and are subject to change by the Council Chair)
Consistent with provisions of the Utah Open and Public Meetings Act, Utah Code Ann. §52-4-207(4), the Summit County Council Chair has issued written determinations supporting Summit County Council's decision to convene electronic meetings of the Council without a physical anchor location. Due to the health and safety risks related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and considering public health orders limiting in-person gatherings, members of the public should not attend Council meetings in person. However, members of the public are invited and encouraged to view and participate in the Council's electronic meetings as described below.
11:45 AM Closed Session - Security (30 min); Personnel (30 min); Property Acquisition (1 hour, 45 min)
2:30 PM - Council Members log into Zoom meeting (10 min)
2:40 PM Work Session
1) Pledge of Allegiance
3) 3:15 PM - Presentation by the Summit County Health Department and Emergency Operations Center regarding COVID-19 vaccination expense expectations; Rich Bullough, Cindy Keyes, and Kathryn McMullin; (20 min) Presentation
4) 3:35 PM - Update regarding Sun Peak Neighborhood Traffic Calming Effort on Bear Hollow Drive; Brandon Brady, Michael Kendall (20 min) Staff Report
4:40 PM - Break (35 min)
5:15 PM Consideration of Approval
1) Discussion and adoption of Proclamation No. 2021-6, a Proclamation Recognizing Tim Richins for 37 ½ Years of Public Service to the Citizens of Summit County, Utah; Derrick Radke (15 min) Proclamation No. 2021-6
2) 5:30 PM - Discussion and possible approval of the appeal of The Whileaway Ranch Indoor Riding Arena and Horse Boarding Facility Conditional Use Permit, Parcel SL-D-206; located at 7664 N. Whileaway Road; Silver Creek Subdivision; Val Geist, Applicant; Jami Brackin (45 min) Whileaway Appeal Record
3) 5:35 PM - Council comments
4) 5:50 PM - Manager comments
6:00 PM Public Input
If you would like to submit comments to Council, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31st. If you wish to interact with Council at 6:00 p.m., for public input, or the public hearing, please follow the “Public Comment and Public Hearing Instructions”.
6:00 PM Public Hearing
Public hearing and possible approval of Ordinance No. 922, an Ordinance Amending the Snyderville Basin Development Code Creating Section 10-8-7: Accessory Buildings, Amending Chapters 10-11 Definitions and 10-2-10 Use Table; Ray Milliner Staff Report and Ordinance No. 922
Members of the County Council, presenters, and members of public, may attend by electronic means, using Zoom (phone or video). Such members may fully participate in the proceedings as if physically present.
Individuals with questions, comments, or needing special accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act regarding this meeting may contact Annette Singleton at (435) 336-3025
Posted: March 26, 2021; Amended March 30, 2021