Green Business Program
To make progress on Summit County and Park City Municipal's climate and sustainability goals, we have collaborated with Recycle Utah, Utah Clean Energy, and the Park City Chamber of Commerce and Visitor’s Bureau to bring new resources and recognition for business.
The Green Business program was initiated in 2016 by Recycle Utah, and has since grown to over 100 members. With new partnerships, we bring new rigor, transparency and recognition to Green Business in Summit County.
Aligning for impact as a team is our pathway forward. We have created a checklist with actions under five categories:
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Conservation
- Sustainable Materials Management
- Thriving Community & Equity
The Green Business program now has three levels to represent our ski community and the snow we love.
Green Circle- One (1) action per category
Blue Square- Three (3) actions per category
Black Diamond- Six (6) actions per category
Step 1: Express your interest in the program. SIGN UP HERE. (no obligations, we will contact you within a few weeks if you haven’t proceeded to Step 3).
Step 2: Explore the program and how it works:
- Read this first.
- Check out the Checklist. Download a copy and see how many you can check off already.
- Peruse the Resources. Note that we’ve compiled available financial incentives and rebates.
- Green Business Folder
Step 3: Ready to get started? Let us know what you’ve already been up to; KICK-OFF HERE. We’ll be in touch soon to get started on your checklist.
Incentives & Rebates
- Rocky Mountain Power Utah incentives for EV charging and make-ready projects
- Utah DEQ Workplace EV charging funding assistance program
- Learn more about EV charging for businesses and available incentive programs through Utah nonprofit, Leaders for Clean Air
Save Energy & Water: there are a variety of rebates and incentives from utility providers to help businesses save energy and water. Contact your electric, gas, and water utilities and ask what programs they offer. Key links:
- Rocky Mountain Power Wattsmart incentives and programs
- Dominion Energy Thermwise Business Rebates
- Weber Basin Water Conservancy District commercial smart irrigation controllers & toilet rebates
Summit County staff can help point your businesses in the right direction. Contact us to find out more.