April 8, 2020: Progress Update
Other construction efforts this next week will include:
- Road tie-in prep work near Homestead at both roundabouts for new pavement and concrete curb and gutter.
- Grade dressing in preparation for landscaping and irrigation system.
- Delineator clean-up and temporary striping at various locations.
- Complete retaining walls at the EB on-ramp pedestrian tunnel.
- Preparation for granular borrow installation at the EB on-ramp construction.
- Concrete barrier realignment at the WB on-ramp.
- Trail work between WB off-ramp and existing sidewalk.
Preparation for new sidewalk (concrete pour anticipated Monday, Apr. 13) on Rasmussen Rd to The Jeremy Store.
With dual lane striping taking place this week, we encourage you to revisit these videos for a quick refresher on how to safely navigate a 2-lane roundabout.
These videos were originally developed by the Region of Durham and depict a generic two-lane roundabout similar to the final Jeremy Ranch Roundabouts configuration.
Thank you for doing your part to Stay Safe, Stay Home in observance of the Governor’s directive to reduce the spread of COVID-19. This is an unprecedented time here in Summit County. As the current situation continues to unfold, we want you to know that we are working diligently to push this project forward. We are following the County’s Stay At Home Order and looking to the Governor who has mandated bold and aggressive steps to slow the spread of the disease, while also reducing risk for our contractors, partners and their families, as well as the general public. The safety of everyone involved in this project is a number one priority.
Summit County’s Order declares construction work to be an essential service and our commitment to you is to continue moving this project forward in the safest manner possible. At this time, our contractor and all sub-contractors visiting the site are keeping their distance from one another, even standing six feet apart in all safety meetings. Crews are being broken down into smaller groups and splitting shifts. Additionally, they are cleaning work equipment on a regular basis. If you should have any questions regarding our commitment to completing this project in the safest manner possible, please contact us by using one of the methods listed at the bottom of this email.