Beer and Alcohol Licensing

Beer Licenses

The State of Utah, through the enactment of Alcoholic Beverage Control Act has established laws and criteria regarding the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages, including beer and wine. Summit County recognizes the need of a resort community, such as exists in Summit County, to have laws regarding the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages which comport with State Law, therefore licenses to sell alcoholic beverages are governed by County Ordinance #182-D.

Beer License Fee: Summary:
Class A License $250.00 A retail license to sell beer in original containers having the label of the maker thereon for consumption off the premises.
Class B License $350.00 Sell beer in original containers having the label of the maker thereon for consumption on the premises in conjunction with an order of food that is prepared, sold, and served at the restaurant. Only bona fide restaurants shall be entitled to Class B licenses.
Class C License $500.00 For locations where primary business is that of selling beer for consumption on premises. Required for taverns, beer bars, parlors, lounges, cabarets, and nightclubs where the sale of beer exceeds the food revenue (food is not required to be sold).
Class D License $300.00 Sell beer for consumption on publicly owned recreational facilities. The licensee shall be the holder of a concession contract from the public body owning the recreation area involved.
Class E License $500.00 Resort type facility located on state-owned property. Licensee must show evidence of lease or rental agreement with the state in order to qualify for license.
Single Event License Beer License $50 Per day up to a maximum of $150.
Class A or B Private Club License $600 See ordinance 182-d for full details
Restaurant Liquor License $500 Sell beer and liquor for consumption on the premises in accordance with the state's Alcoholic Beverage Control Act. Must also hold a current state liquor license through the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
Recreation License $350 Businesses which have as their primary business physical recreational activities such as skiing, tennis, bowling, golf, fitness, aerobics, or swimming.
Brew Pub $350 Produce beer for consumption in connection with an on-premises restaurant.
There is a $100 non-refundable application fee for all new beer licenses